Retail Sales Manager
Who are we – Hobbs House Bakery is an exciting, artisan bakery with 4 shops across the Cotswolds and a thriving wholesale network. Each of our stores has a unique setting and sells a combination of handmade bread, patisserie, coffees and take away goodies. We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and charismatic individual to oversee all the shops from our head office in Chipping Sodbury
Handmade bread for everyone is our mantra –from the iconic Sherston to sourdoughs and spelt loaves, brioche, croissants and our award winning gluten free loaf, our product range is as diverse as our team.
We love food and educating our customers on the importance of real bread is at the heart of our business and our shops.
What’s the job – Ensuring our shops are consistently offering a great selection of fresh goods in an enticing atmosphere whilst maintaining our great customer service through training and sharing knowledge. Loving our shops as much as we do.
- Financial responsibility for setting and meeting budgets, costs, revenues and margins.
- Achieving target growth in the retail sector from new and existing customer base.
- Continually bringing creativity and innovation to the product selection and merchandising to ensure the offer continues to entice our customers.
- Monthly reporting and analysing of sales figures, to Retail director and the board.
- Continually working to identify potential areas of improvement in the business and working within the management team to achieve this.
- Team building through recruitment, training and supporting the team leaders in each shop.
What you need - The successful candidate will be able to see the big picture whilst attending to the fine detail. Taking pride in sharing great food experiences with our customers whilst delivering fantastic produce and outstanding customer service.
- Have sound experience in a similar food retail environment and be a strong leader with a principled and fair approach to people management
- A proven track record in growing revenue with strong making skills.
- A full understanding of the retail environment and how to give the customer a wonderful experience is essential to this role, whilst working with the marketing team on the visual and conceptual nature of the business.
- High level of personal achievement and integrity.
- Manages change effectively and is willing to take calculated risk.
Computer and financial literacy is essential as is a full driving licence.
Benefits include 28 days holiday, a daily loaf, 20% discount, training and development opportunities.
Closing date Friday 30 September
Please treat the closing date as a guide. We may need to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please do apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please send your CV and covering letter stating the job you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org