This Sourdough Eggy Bread recipe comes from our friends at Boston Tea Party, a staple on their menu a best selling breakfast. To make this Sourdough Eggy Bread recipe you’ll need a mighty fine sourdough loaf. Boston Tea Party use our St Martin Sourdough loaf, you can buy this sourdough and all our other sourdough breads online from us. If you really want to impress you could try making your own sourdough bread using our 63 year old sourdough starter and our sourdough recipe. And if you like our Sourdough Eggy Bread recipe why not try our Rhubarb Pain Perdu made with our Brioche.
Don’t forget to check out Sourdough Nation for the countries sourdough lovers.
- For the eggy mix
- 1 egg
- 2g poppy seeds
- 0.5g thyme
- 40ml whipping cream
- 100ml whole milk
- Salt and pepper
- Other ingredients
- Two rashers of smoked bacon
- Sourdough loaf, 1 good slice
- 1/2 an avocado
- 4 vine tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Set the oven to 200°C
- Drizzle the cherry tomatoes in olive oil and season (we add a little sugar too) and place in the oven for 10 minutes until they start to break down.
- Mix all the eggy bread mix ingredients together and then slice the bread about 3cm thick
- Soak the bread in the egg mix for at least 5 minutes, turning and gently pushing to soak up the mix
- Cook your bacon (we grill ours rather than fry as its healthier), until crispy
- Heat a pan and add a knob of butter to it once the butter starts to bubble add the eggy bread and fry until golden about 3 minutes on each side
- To serve top the golden brown eggy bread with the grilled tomatoes, bacon and sliced avocado. Add tabasco to taste.