This Panzanella bread salad recipe has just been developed by Henry and Carla for our shops to serve as Autumn draws in. We thought it was too good a recipe not to share though. Should you have any of our bread in the bottom of the bread bin that’s too good to waste this is a perfect way to use it up.
To make this salad even better, make your own pesto using our great recipe.
If you love sourdough why not come on one of our bread making classes at our Cookery School in Chipping Sodbury.
Any of our sourdoughs would be great in this Panzanella bread salad recipe, we have been using the St Martin Sourdough bread
Takes 1 hour
- 1 butternut squash
- 1/2 celeriac
- 2 beetroot
- 3 garlic cloves finally chopped
- 4 slices of Hobbs House Bakery stale bread
- Sprig of rosemary
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- Olive or rapeseed oil
- A handful of rocket torn up
- Bunch of chopped parsley
- Small jar of pesto or 100g of home made pesto
- Peel and chop the root vegetables into inch chunks
- Place into an oven tray and toss with garlic, oil, vinegar, chilli and rosemary
- Season and roast with a few turns at 180°c for 45 minutes
- The vegetables should be soft and caramelised
- Rip up the bread and plunge into a bowl of cold water for 3 seconds
- Remove the bread and drain in your hands and add to the tray of roasted vegetables
- Add the rocket and chopped parsley
- Gently mix together and serve with a good dollop of pesto