This Bakewell Tart recipe makes 8-10 tartlets.
Taking this classic recipe, we have given it a twist by using mini brioche tins to create individually baked tartlets. Our recipe uses Italian Pasta Frolla pastry, which is a lovely short, sweet pastry.
For those of you who don’t fancy making your own, we sell our delicious Bakewell Slice Online. We also sell a great range of baking kit, including our famous Sourdough Starter, guaranteed to get the baking fun started.
If you would like to learn more about baking things like our Bakewell Tartlets, take a look at our brilliant Cookery School courses.
- 3 eggs
- 125g ground almonds
- 125g melted butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 15g flaked almonds
- 3 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1/2 batch of Pasta Frolla
- Brush the mini Brioche tins with melted butter.
- Pre heat the oven to 160°C.
- Roll out your pastry and line the tins and put into the fridge to rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the filling beat the sugar and eggs together then add the melted butter and stir in the ground almonds.
- Put a small dollop of jam into each pastry case then top with the filling. When each case is full, sprinkle with the almonds and bake for about 15 mins till puffed up and golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 10 minutes, they should just tip out of the tins, put onto a cooling rack and dust with icing sugar. You could even decorate them with a fresh raspberry.