An alternative Florentine recipe.
Serves approx. 10
- 104g whole milk
- 158g caster sugar
- 84g glucose syrup
- 84g runny honey
- 210g butter
- 25g sliced almonds
- 84g pistachio
- 84g mixed peel
- 100g chopped glacé cherries
- 50g melted chocolate
- In a pan, heat the milk, sugar, glucose and honey and bring to a boil, take it up to 120°c using a sugar thermometer.
- As soon as it reaches temperature, stir in the butter until melted.
- Then add all the dry ingredients, stir until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a baking tray, flatten down so you get an even bake. Bake at 160°c for approximately 10 mins, until golden.
- Leave for a few minutes to cool slightly, then use a ring mould to bring the shape back to circular, and leave to cool completely before covering the flat side with the melted chocolate.