Almond and Orange Biscotti Recipe
- 200g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 med eggs
- 100g whole almonds
- zest of 1 orange
- pinch of salt
- Mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder into a mixing bowl/kitchen aid.
- Add the grated zest of an orange, then the eggs.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix until you have a soft dough.
- Tip out onto your work surface, dust with flour, and gently knead to form a soft ball.
- Work the almonds into the dough, then cut into two equal amounts, roll each ball into a sausage shape of equal length, approx 8"/ 20cm.
- Put the dough onto a baking tray, spaced well apart as it swells a lot when baking, put in the centre of the oven and bake for 40min at 150°c.
- The biscotti will be golden after this time. Take out and leave till cool enough to handle.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into slices 1cm thick and bake for a further 10mins until biscuits have dried out.
- Leave to cool.