Our BBQ Chicken Recipe was created by Fabulous Baker Brother Henry Herbert. It’s a really simple recipe where you dry rub the chicken fillets, throw them on the BBQ and finish it with our BBQ Sauce Recipe.
This recipe is featured in the Butchery & BBQ Master Class at Hobbs House Cookery School.
Now you’ve made our BBQ Chicken Recipe and our BBQ Sauce Recipe, all you need now is some great bread. Either top one of our incredible Sourdough Breadsor fill one of our Ultimate Burger Buns.
For another BBQ recipe try our Cornbread Burger Recipe or Smoky Cheese BurgerRecipe.
- 4 chicken breast fillets (180g each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- For the dry rub:
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- A generous twist of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar of good quality sticky BBQ sauce (ideally make our recipe)
- Grind all the dry rub ingredients together in a pestle and mortar or food processor, until fine.
- Gently brush the chicken breasts fillets in a little olive oil.
- Coat the chicken breasts in as much of the dry rub as will stick.
- Prepare the grill for grilling over a medium/hot heat (180-200°c)
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the chicken direct for 8 minutes per side, with the lid closed as much as possible.
- When the chicken is cooked through, or reached a temperature of 75°c, baste the meat all over with the sticky BBQ sauce and cook for a further minute or two.
- Serve straight off the grill in thin slices.