Our smoked haddock and leek pancake recipe is a great topping for either our sourdough pancake recipe or our simple pancake recipe. Great on pancake day or any day of the year.
If you prefer something sweet to our smoked haddock and leek pancake recipe try our sweet banana & pecan recipe
If you love to cook and bake why not come on one of our courses at our Cookery School in Chipping Sodbury, we specialise in bread making courses but also run pie making and patisserie classes too.
- 200g smoked haddock
- Herbs - bay leaf, thyme, parsley stalks
- 1 leek washed and sliced
- 2tbl plain flour
- 20g strong cheddar grated
- 200ml milk
- 20g butter
- 2tbl chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the milk and infuse with the herbs.
- Poach the haddock gently for about 6mins till just cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and allow to cool.
- In a separate pan melt the butter and sweat the leeks. When soft sprinkle in the flour and mix. Spoon by spoon add the reserved poaching milk to make a white sauce. Use about half the milk. Cook gently for about 10mins.
- Flake the haddock into the sauce with the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the pancakes out and spoon evenly into the middle. Roll up into a cigar shape and place on a metal tray, sprinkle with the cheddar and bake at 180c for 20mins till crispy on top and oozing inside. Nice with a green salad and a poached egg.