From episode 5 (season 1) of The Fabulous Baker Brothers.
Our homemade baked beans are as cheap and quick as they are delicious.
- Good glug of olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh rosemary, leaves only
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- Splash of sherry vinegar
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh thyme, leaves only
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Water from rinsing the tomato tin
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic and chilli. Stir and fry for a minute or so until soft and beginning to colour.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the rosemary and thyme, then add the paprika. Mix then add the tomatoes, treacle and the water from rinsing the tomato tin. Then add the vinegar and the butter beans.
- Let it all simmer for 10 minutes and it’ll be ready to serve on hot toast.