From episode 5 (season 1) of The Fabulous Baker Brothers.
This is a great snack that’s wholesome, easy to make and is ready in minutes.
- 200g smoked mackerel
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 50g crème fraiche
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Take your mackerel fillets and carefully peel the skin off. Using your nails pick out the bones running down the centre of the fillet.
- Flake into small or large chunks, depending on whether you like smooth or coarse pate. I like a little texture so I leave mine quite large.
- Add the remaining ingredients and gently fold through. Check for seasoning, and remember a little lemon goes a long way.
- Serve as either a topping for toast or maybe in a jacket potato.