Our Figs in Pigs recipe features in Tom and Henry’s Fabulous Baker Brother’s Christmas Special
Deliciously ripe baked figs stuffed with creamy local goat’s cheese and crispy, salty pancetta, the delicious combination of sweet and savoury in on juicy mouthful.
Our Figs in Pigs recipe will be the perfect addition to any Christmas party.
You could serve it alongside our hot nuts recipe and mulled cider recipe.
Then save yourself the trouble and buy our mince pies online.
Come and bake with us at our Hobbs House Bakery Cookery School.
- 12 ripe figs
- 12 thin slices pancetta
- 100g goat’s cheese
- 1 jar good red onion relish
- Preheat the oven to 210C/425F/Gas 7.
- Slice the figs vertically from the top to just before the base twice to form a cross.
- Squeeze the base lightly to open out the top of the fig then wrap the pancetta loosely around the outside of the fig, securing the end with a cocktail stick.
- If the pancetta slices are short, use 2 slices per fig, they need to wrap all the way around the fig and overlap enough to secure.
- Place a dollop of goat’s cheese in the centre of the fig then place onto a baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until the pancetta is crispy and cooked through and the cheese melted.
- Remove the cocktail stick and cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with a big dollop of red onion relish.