Delicious marinated salmon, smoked over whisky barrel wood chips to give it a truly sensational taste.
Serve with our Rye Bread, which you can buy online.
- 1kg salmon fillet, pinboned, skin on
- 1 loaf rye bread
- 100ml whisky
- 250g crème fraiche
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g malden salt
- 2 tbsp pink peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 1 whisky barrel smoke bomb
- Mix the sugar, salt and peppercorns together in a bowl until well mixed then add the whisky and stir until it makes a paste.
- Take a third of the paste and spread over the bottom of a dish, big enough to take the salmon fillet.
- Lay the salmon on top, skin side down, then add the rest of the salt paste and spread all over the top of the salmon to cover totally.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Remove and wash the paste off of the salmon then pat the salmon dry.
- Heat a barbecue until it’s medium hot, add the smoke bomb and leave it until it begins to smoke.
- Place the salmon, skin side down onto the barbecue then pull the lid down to cover the top and leave to smoke for 10 minutes.
- Remove and either serve warm flaked over chunks of rye bread or leave to cool down and serve thinly sliced on rye bread, with a little crème fraiche.