Course of the month:
Hobbs House Bakery is a fifth generation family bakery. With four shops across the Cotswolds and 1 in Bristol. We are a lively, busy and expanding bakery in Chipping Sodbury. We are a great place to work.
We have a diverse and friendly team and like to work with all of our employees to develop and train them individually to reach their full potential. We hold the Investors in People accreditation and our apprentices have previously won Young Apprentice of the Year.
This role is based in our busy Tetbury store.
At the heart of all our shops is our award winning handmade artisan bread which sets the standard for the other products we offer:
Patisserie – all our cakes are baked in house from scratch by our trained patisserie chefs using traditional ingredients. Our cake selection is admired by many and a key feature in all our shops.
The ‘icing on the cake’ is our professional and friendly staff to greet the customers and provide the expertise to maximise sales and customer satisfaction.
We are currently recruiting for a
Patisserie Chef – Tetbury, Gloucestershire
6.30am to 2.30pm Monday – Saturday (some Saturdays and Bank Holidays are required).
The key task of this role is to produce the wide range cakes and patisserie offered in our shops in order to maintain a fresh and enticing display. In addition, creating bespoke products for customer orders is also part of the role.
The successful candidate will need to be experienced, professional, confident and with an eye for detail and consistency.
Key responsibilities include
• Producing and managing the quantity of cakes and patisserie according to recipes in our shop to ensure a plentiful display whilst minimising wastage.
• Ensuring all health and safety and food safety guidelines are followed.
• Ordering and managing stock.
• To follow the correct recipes and produce a product to a high standard.
• Maintaining a clean working area.
• The candidate must be a talented cake and pastry baker, who likes to work alone and in complete charge of their section, have a flair for the ‘wow’ factor and enjoys interacting directly with our customers.
We are ideally looking for candidates who have a love of patisserie and are looking to join an expanding bakery.
In return we can offer a competitive salary, 28 days holiday, paid breaks, a daily loaf, 20% discount in our shops, training and development opportunities and career progression.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000.00-£20,000.00 per year
Working for us
Hobbs House Bakery is a lively and growing business. You’ll work in a communal and friendly environment and be well looked after.
All our staff are filled with;
Please state the job you are interested in and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Save 10% off your first online order when you sign up to our newsletter