Shop Manager- Bristol
Hobbs House Bakery is a fifth generation bakery family with its roots firmly in Bristol- having established the Herbert’s bakery in Bristol in 1953. Our bread is handmade in our bakery in Chipping Sodbury and sent out daily to our four shops across the Cotswolds and now we would like to return to our roots and open a Hobbs House shop in the city where it all began.
We believe that every community should be able to enjoy good bread and we open early daily to serve handmade breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. We are passionate about coffee; our selected blend is provided by Extract coffee roasters in Bristol.
We all share a passion for good food and caring for our communities. With this in mind, we are committed to giving customers the very best possible experience – whether it is around food quality, shop environment or customer service.
We are looking for a Shop Manager to play the leading role in opening this shop and cultivating a presence within the community to ensure that all customers receive the best service, as underpinned by our values.
This is a line-managing role- responsible for the shop team- reporting to the Retail Sales Manager.
- To ensure a full, enticing and relevant food offering and retail display is present throughout the trading window.
- To ensure all daily and weekly administration tasks are fully compliant (includes cashing up daily and weekly)
- To plan and manage staffing needs (produce weekly rotas, manage annual holidays)
- To attend monthly RTL meetings and communicate back to the shop team
- To increase Operating Profit; meet sales and wastage targets
- To ensure that all shop staff are trained in a timely manner and training records are updated accordingly
- To ensure all staff performance reviews are completed in a timely manner
- To ensure that shop is always clean and tidy.
- To ensure that all records (cleaning, temperatures, SFBB records) are always fully completed and up to date
- To ensure continuous and effective communication with team members
- To lead by example and coach the team to provide excellent customer service at all times
- To coach team to meet excellent merchandising standards in line with the Hobbs House brand.
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure
We are looking for candidates who are looking to join an expanding bakery and are prepared to work flexible hours and days, including alternate weekends.
In return, we offer a competitive salary for 40 hours a week, 28 days holiday, paid breaks, a daily loaf, 20% discount in the café and shop, training and developing opportunities and career progression.
Please send your CV and covering letter stating the job you are applying for to HR@hobbshousebakery.co.uk