Jane made these muffins with our Pre School Class.
- 75g cocoa powder
- 180g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g cooked peeled beetroot
- 3 large eggs
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC Gas Mark 4
- In a large bowl sift together the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder. Mix in the sugar and then set to one side.
- In a food processor puree the cooked beetroot. Add the eggs one at a time to the beetroot and continue to blend.
- Add the oil and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix and add the beetroot puree. Lightly mix together and divide between 12 muffin cases, making sure they are about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for about 25 minutes or until firm to the touch when pressed lightly with a finger.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and finish with a dusting of icing sugar.