This recipe is how Henry bakes sourdough at home using a no knead method and baked in a dutch oven.
Makes 1 large loaf
You can get everything you need in our No Knead Sourdough Kit.
Don't fancy making your own Sourdough bread? Try our Sourdough Bread Box.
- 300g Sourdough starter
- 400g Strong Organic White Flour
- 100g Organic Spelt or Wholemeal Flour
- 12g Sea Salt
- 340g Warm Water
- 50g Toasted sesame seeds (40g in dough, 10g for topping)
- Feed your sourdough starter 12 hours before baking with 75g flour & 75g water. Leave out of the fridge
- Weigh the water and flour into a bowl and mix install all ingredients are incorporated
- Feed your starter for next time with 75g flour & 75g water
- Leave the dough for 1hr somewhere warm (this is the autolyse stage)
- Using a wet hand fold in the salt and sesame seeds
- Fold the dough every 30 mins for 3 - 4 hours
- Turn out into a floured surface and mould the dough. Put into a well floured and extra sesame coated basket
- Put in the fridge over night to rest
- Remove from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature and start to prove - around 2 hours
- Pre heat oven and cast iron pot to 250°c
- Carefully tip the dough into the pot and slash. Put the lid on and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove the lid and bake for a further 15 minutes until well browned
- Remove and cool for 20 minutes before slicing