This hot nuts recipe was made by Tom and Henry in the Fabulous Baker Brothers Christmas special.
Spicy sweet and salty cashew, almond and Brazil nuts, served warm and bursting with flavour. The lovely flavour of rosemary and a slight lick with a hint of chilli to warm you up.
We love this hot nuts recipe, it’s quick and simple enough to rustle up for any impromptu guests.
We always take these for our picnic on our Christmas day walk alongside our chocolate orange brownie. You can now buy our brownies online.
They would go perfectly with our warm old fashioned recipe and our sausage rolls for any Christmas drinks party.
- 250g caster sugar
- 75g shelled brazil nuts
- 75g shelled roasted unsalted cashew nuts
- 75g skin-on almonds
- 1 long red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed smoked sea salt
- Pour the sugar, sea salt and chilli flakes into a large frying pan and heat over a high heat until golden and molten.
- Meanwhile, mix the nuts, fresh chilli and rosemary together in a bowl, then when the sugar has caramelized, add carefully and stir quickly to coat all the nuts in the spicy sugar.
- Tip out of the pan onto a greaseproof lined tray and allow to cool totally before eating.
- Break up into big handfuls to eat.