For the base
30g caster sugar
60g butter – soft
90g plain flour
For the filling 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
For the top
150g soft butter
150g caster sugar
2 beaten eggs
35g plain flour
175g ground almonds
35g flaked almonds – to sprinkle on the top
A baking tin 15 x 20cm (suitable for a tray bake), greased and lined with baking parchment.
Oven preheated to 160C
- Cream the softened butter and sugar together until well mixed and then add the flour. Bring all the ingredients together until you have a soft dough
- Line the bottom of the baking tin with an even layer of the shortbread base.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before moving onto the next stage.
- Whilst the base is baking, prepare the top.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon until pale and light.
- Gradually add the beaten egg, mixing well between each addition making sure all the egg is incorporated.
- Gently fold in the flour and ground almonds.
- Spread the jam evenly over the cooled shortbread base.
- Spoon the topping over the jam and then, using a palette knife, smooth the top getting it as even as possible.
- Sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Delivery & Returns
Covid-19 Update 03.04.2020
We are still baking and our online offering is open for business. Here are our delivery times:
||Cut Off Time
|Orders for Tuesday delivery
||Thursday 12pm midday
|Orders for Wednesday delivery
||Friday at 12pm midday
|Orders for Thursday delivery
||Sunday at 12pm midday
|Orders for Friday delivery
||Wednesday at 8am
Thank you for supporting our business and we hope you're all staying safe!
Deliveries & Ordering
View our Delivery & Ordering FAQ here.