- 100g cranberry and sage sourdough bread crumbs
- ½ bunch fresh chopped herbs e.g. sage, parsley
- 1 small onion, diced cooked in 20g butter, allow to cool
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g selection of fruit and nuts e.g. cranberries, apricots, chestnuts, pistachios, chopped. We left the fresh cranberries whole.
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 250g sausage meat
- 1 egg to bind
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients in a bowl until it comes together in a nice soft ball.
- Either roll into individual balls and place onto a greased baking tray. Cook in a hot oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Alternatively roll into a sausage and wrap in tin foil, twist the ends to secure. This will take longer to cook; approximately an hour. To serve, remove the tinfoil and slice.