- 1 cucumber, cut in half and seeds removed
- 100g caster sugar
- 1og sea salt
- 25ml water
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Slice the halves of cucumber thinly and place into a bowl. Sprinkle over the salt and mix. Leave for 30 minutes to draw the excess moisture out.
- Meanwhile heat the vinegar, sugar, water and mustard seeds in a pan. Remove from the heat and allow to chill.
- Wash the cucumber to remove the salt and place in a sieve or colander to drain.
- Add the cucumber to the cure and place in a sterilised jar.
- Leave for about 12 hours before eating, and they will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge.