Chocolate brownie recipe: Chocoholic heaven
It’s not always as easy as you would hope finding a decent chocolate brownie recipe, look no further you have found it.
A lot of chocolate, butter and sugar, light on the flour with the added luxury of nuts and soured cherry, this is the recipe we have chosen to share.
We will eat brownies anytime of the day, including breakfast! As good with a cup of tea or coffee or served as a pudding with a dollop of cream.
If chocolate’s your thing then come to our Cookery School to refine your techniques and make this recipe with our cake experts.
If you haven’t the time to bake them yourself then buy our Hobbs House Bakery chocolate brownies online.
Takes 20 minutes
Serves One tray
- 245g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g chocolate
- 225g butter
- 112g plain flour
- 1 handful of chopped nuts
- 1 handful of sour cherries
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a bain marie.
- While they are melting, beat the caster sugar and eggs in a mixer on high speed, until thick and pale in colour (3 mins).
- Turn off the mixer, add the melted chocolate and butter and mix on a low/med speed until incorporated.
- Sieve the flour and add to the bowl, mix again on medium speed, stopping once to scape down the sides.
- Add in nuts and sour cherries before giving everything one last mix.
- Pour out into greased and lined trays and bake at 170°C for 15 – 20 mins.