Our black pudding sausage roll recipe comes from episode 2 (season 1) of The Fabulous Baker Brothers. Made by Henry, a butchers sausage roll using pork and black pudding. Unfortunately Henry’s black pudding sausage roll recipe did loose out to Tom’s fiery chorizo sausage roll recipe.
All your home baking will improve through using our baking stone, they are great for baking pastry and will give your bread a really good “oven spring”.
This black pudding sausage roll recipe would make the great addition to any picnic, to make the worlds best sandwiches we would recommend buying our Sherston loaf.
We sell a large range of bread and cakes online; the perfect accompaniment to any great picnic.
- 500g good-quality pork sausage meat
- Few sprigs parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp ground mace
- 3 tbsp English mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200g black pudding, crumbled
- Few sprigs of sage, leaves picked and chopped
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 x 500g packet shop-brought puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/gas mark 5. In a large bowl mix the pork mince, black pudding, parsley, sage, mace, cayenne pepper and mustard with a good pinch of salt and black pepper. Mix well and squidge together.
- Roll the block of pastry out into a large rectangle 40 x 30cm. Put the filling down the middle in a neat sausage shape, and square off the edges of the pastry.
- Roll the pastry over the meat then pull the other side of the pastry up on top. Square off the ends then turn the roll over so the fold is underneath.
- Divide into 6, then slash each sausage roll a few times and brush with beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.